Madden Sim League 09

A 09 Madden sim league with up to date rosters besides for rookies
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Draft Talk

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Draft Talk   Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:03 pm

With the draft up and comming i decited to make, a list of who i believe have the best chance in making it in the nfl.

Offense
1. Rashard Mendenhall - Illinois RB-Best RB in the draft, hands down
2. Joe Flacco - Delaware QB- He has a great awareness and amazing accuracy
3. Darrenn McFadden - Arkansas RB-He has some serious speed but has no power or determination
4. Matt Ryan - Boston College QB- He has a lot of arm strength and could develop into a starying QB
5. Limas Sweed - Texas WR- hes not only a big target but has the softest hands of and WR
6. Jonathon Stewart - Oregon RB- Determination and power will help him on his way to the top
7. Felix Jones - Arkansas RB-speed and awareness...great qualties in a RB
8. Colt Brennan - Hawaii QB-he may have been injured but he has nice accuracy and great arm strength
9. Jake Long - Michigan OT-Big man big pwer
10. Devin Thomas - Michigan State WR-Nice WR and good jumping ability



Defense
1. Glenn Dorsey - LSU DT- Power power and more power
2. Chris Ellis - VT DE hes got speed and strength
3. Keith Rivers - USC OLB hes bug and can play anywhere on the LB crew
4. Vernon Gholston - Ohio State DE He could be a great DE or a starting LB
5. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - Tennessee State CB fast as hell and has hands as soft as sweeds
6. Tom Zbikowski - Notre Dame SS hes fast and strong. great awareness will hel him on his way to the top
7. Dan Connor - Penn State MLB Strong as hell
8. Sedrick Ellis - USC DT-Big man with lots of power
9. Jerod Mayo - Tennessee OLB Fast and strong. Ending up in a good home, he will become great
10. Mike Jenkins - South Florida- nise speed and great awareness


Last edited by TrippiKiwi on Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Spygate

avatar

Posts : 270
Join date : 2008-04-27
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Draft Talk   Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:40 pm

TrippiKiwi wrote:
With the draft up and comming i decited to make, a list of who i believe have the best chance in making it in the nfl.

Offence
1. Rashard Mendenhall - Illinois RB-Best RB in the draft, hands down
2. Joe Flacco - Delaware QB- He has a great awareness and amazing accuracy
3. Darrenn McFadden - Arkansas RB-He has some serious speed but has no power or determination
4. Matt Ryan - Boston College QB- He has a lot of arm strength and could develop into a starying QB
5. Limas Sweed - Texas WR- hes not only a big target but has the softest hands of and WR
6. Jonathon Stewart - Oregon RB- Determination and power will help him on his way to the top
7. Felix Jones - Arkansas RB-speed and awareness...great qualties in a RB
8. Colt Brennan - Hawaii QB-he may have been injured but he has nice accuracy and great arm strength
9. Jake Long - Michigan OT-Big man big pwer
10. Devin Thomas - Michigan State WR-Nice WR and good jumping ability



Defence
1. Glenn Dorsey - LSU DT- Power power and more power
2. Jake Long - VT DE hes got speed and strength
3. Keith Rivers - USC OLB hes bug and can play anywhere on the LB crew
4. Vernon Gholston - Ohio State DE He could be a great DE or a starting LB
5. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - Tennessee State CB fast as hell and has hands as soft as sweeds
6. Tom Zbikowski - Notre Dame SS hes fast and strong. great awareness will hel him on his way to the top
7. Dan Connor - Penn State MLB Strong as hell
8. Sedrick Ellis - USC DT-Big man with lots of power
9. Jerod Mayo - Tennessee OLB Fast and strong. Ending up in a good home, he will become great
10. Mike Jenkins - South Florida- nise speed and great awareness

I think you mean Chris Ellis, VT, DE. Jake Long is an OT from Michigan.

...and they are spelled "defense/offense" not "offence/defence."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Draft Talk   Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:45 pm

my bad i copied and pasted so the spellings not my fault blame V lol. But i'm not big on spelling anyway
Back to top Go down
Vhawk413
Admin
avatar

Posts : 181
Join date : 2008-02-06
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Draft Talk   Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:50 pm

TrippiKiwi wrote:
my bad i copied and pasted so the spellings not my fault blame V lol. But i'm not big on spelling anyway

Yeah I accidentally put Jake Long Michigan at the top of the DE board as well as OT, my bad

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://msl09.forumandco.com
Spygate

avatar

Posts : 270
Join date : 2008-04-27
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Draft Talk   Thu May 01, 2008 12:02 am

TrippiKiwi wrote:
my bad i copied and pasted so the spellings not my fault blame V lol. But i'm not big on spelling anyway

lol no problemo, just pointing it out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pats4892

avatar

Posts : 118
Join date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Draft Talk   Thu May 01, 2008 3:10 pm

it should be Chris Long or Cedric Ellis. I think you mixed their names lol

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spygate

avatar

Posts : 270
Join date : 2008-04-27
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Draft Talk   Thu May 01, 2008 3:31 pm

pats4892 wrote:
it should be Chris Long or Cedric Ellis. I think you mixed their names lol

It's Sedrick Ellis, I think it's Chris Ellis because he is the only notable DE from VT (Virginia Tech) in this draft.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pats4892

avatar

Posts : 118
Join date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Draft Talk   Thu May 01, 2008 3:35 pm

No, its Chris Long lol from VT: http://www.virginiasports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1133501&SPSID=88799&SPID=10606&DB_OEM_ID=17800

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vhawk413
Admin
avatar

Posts : 181
Join date : 2008-02-06
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Draft Talk   Thu May 01, 2008 3:48 pm

pats4892 wrote:
No, its Chris Long lol from VT: http://www.virginiasports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1133501&SPSID=88799&SPID=10606&DB_OEM_ID=17800

Chris Long from Virginia and Chris Ellis from Virginia Tech.

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://msl09.forumandco.com
pats4892

avatar

Posts : 118
Join date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Draft Talk   Thu May 01, 2008 3:53 pm

o, your right, lol. my bad

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spygate

avatar

Posts : 270
Join date : 2008-04-27
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Draft Talk   Thu May 01, 2008 4:07 pm

pats4892 wrote:
No, its Chris Long lol from VT: http://www.virginiasports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1133501&SPSID=88799&SPID=10606&DB_OEM_ID=17800

Chris Long is from VIRGINIA, not VIRGINIA TECH.

VT = Virginia Tech

It says it in your link.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pats4892

avatar

Posts : 118
Join date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Draft Talk   Thu May 01, 2008 4:10 pm

ya, i know now, i was getting confused, lol.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spygate

avatar

Posts : 270
Join date : 2008-04-27
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Draft Talk   Thu May 01, 2008 4:11 pm

pats4892 wrote:
ya, i know now, i was getting confused, lol.

What? Then why did you post it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vhawk413
Admin
avatar

Posts : 181
Join date : 2008-02-06
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Draft Talk   Thu May 01, 2008 4:12 pm

pats4892 wrote:
o, your right, lol. my bad

It's all good, I've made the mistake sometimes too, in the mock drafts that I made

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://msl09.forumandco.com
Spygate

avatar

Posts : 270
Join date : 2008-04-27
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Draft Talk   Thu May 01, 2008 4:21 pm

pats4892 wrote:
ya, i know now, i was getting confused, lol.

It's cool! I thought you were just being ignorant lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
buyuadrank1583

avatar

Posts : 46
Join date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Draft Talk   Sat May 03, 2008 1:56 am

Im sry but where is Leodis McKelvin and Reshard Mendenhall but running in the draft i think not he is nothing compared to McFadden an personally i think felix jones is better also
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Draft Talk   Mon May 05, 2008 12:49 pm

I'm not a big fan of McKelvin. No and anticipation...He doesn't have a lot of experience bumping at the line...Could do a better job in zone coverage. Too aggressive and plays a little out of control at times.Did not always play against elite competition hes not as good as he sems and doesnt do as good playing against better recievers. McFadden will go no where he has NO power what so ever. one hit and hes done


Last edited by TrippiKiwi on Mon May 05, 2008 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AllMadden08

avatar

Posts : 162
Join date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Draft Talk   Mon May 05, 2008 1:20 pm

Darren McFadden is a very good RB, but he's playing on the Raiders, who have no O-line whatsoever. Raiders should have taken Dorsey. A big run-stuffing DT like that would come in handy in a division with: San Diego, Denver, and KC. (LaDanian Tomlison, Larry Johnson, and Denver always runs good)

And wow are the Jaguars heavily relying on Derrick Harvey to play well, they gave up their 1st, two 3rds and a 4th to move up and take him...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Draft Talk   Mon May 05, 2008 3:07 pm

McFadden is decent at best. And i know..lets just hope Harvey can live up to there expectations. But i think that they could have done a little better with the 8th overall
Back to top Go down
Spygate

avatar

Posts : 270
Join date : 2008-04-27
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Draft Talk   Mon May 05, 2008 4:48 pm

AllMadden08 wrote:
Darren McFadden is a very good RB, but he's playing on the Raiders, who have no O-line whatsoever. Raiders should have taken Dorsey. A big run-stuffing DT like that would come in handy in a division with: San Diego, Denver, and KC. (LaDanian Tomlison, Larry Johnson, and Denver always runs good)

And wow are the Jaguars heavily relying on Derrick Harvey to play well, they gave up their 1st, two 3rds and a 4th to move up and take him...

And considering everyone blasted my Vikes when they said we gave up so much for Jared Allen!
Looking back, when both the Vikes & Jags landed a DE this year for virtually the same deal, I would take Jared Allen 100 times out of 100...and I doubt anybody would in their right mind say otherwise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vhawk413
Admin
avatar

Posts : 181
Join date : 2008-02-06
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Draft Talk   Mon May 05, 2008 5:04 pm

Spygate wrote:
AllMadden08 wrote:
Darren McFadden is a very good RB, but he's playing on the Raiders, who have no O-line whatsoever. Raiders should have taken Dorsey. A big run-stuffing DT like that would come in handy in a division with: San Diego, Denver, and KC. (LaDanian Tomlison, Larry Johnson, and Denver always runs good)

And wow are the Jaguars heavily relying on Derrick Harvey to play well, they gave up their 1st, two 3rds and a 4th to move up and take him...

And considering everyone blasted my Vikes when they said we gave up so much for Jared Allen!
Looking back, when both the Vikes & Jags landed a DE this year for virtually the same deal, I would take Jared Allen 100 times out of 100...and I doubt anybody would in their right mind say otherwise.

We gave up = to the 10th pick in the 3rd round more than Jacksonville did. But still, Harvey and a 3rd or Allen?? I think that is pretty easy to answer

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://msl09.forumandco.com
Spygate

avatar

Posts : 270
Join date : 2008-04-27
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Draft Talk   Mon May 05, 2008 6:22 pm

Vhawk413 wrote:
Spygate wrote:
AllMadden08 wrote:
Darren McFadden is a very good RB, but he's playing on the Raiders, who have no O-line whatsoever. Raiders should have taken Dorsey. A big run-stuffing DT like that would come in handy in a division with: San Diego, Denver, and KC. (LaDanian Tomlison, Larry Johnson, and Denver always runs good)

And wow are the Jaguars heavily relying on Derrick Harvey to play well, they gave up their 1st, two 3rds and a 4th to move up and take him...

And considering everyone blasted my Vikes when they said we gave up so much for Jared Allen!
Looking back, when both the Vikes & Jags landed a DE this year for virtually the same deal, I would take Jared Allen 100 times out of 100...and I doubt anybody would in their right mind say otherwise.

We gave up = to the 10th pick in the 3rd round more than Jacksonville did. But still, Harvey and a 3rd or Allen?? I think that is pretty easy to answer

lol Your nit picking me V.

You get the point, a 3rd rounder in a trade like this isn't the end of the world.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fight_On_SC_8



Posts : 23
Join date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Draft Talk   Sat May 17, 2008 2:02 am

AllMadden08 wrote:
Darren McFadden is a very good RB, but he's playing on the Raiders, who have no O-line whatsoever. Raiders should have taken Dorsey. A big run-stuffing DT like that would come in handy in a division with: San Diego, Denver, and KC. (LaDanian Tomlison, Larry Johnson, and Denver always runs good)

And wow are the Jaguars heavily relying on Derrick Harvey to play well, they gave up their 1st, two 3rds and a 4th to move up and take him...

The Raiders line is great at Run Blocking.!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Draft Talk   

Back to top Go down
 
Draft Talk
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden Sim League 09 :: Sports Writer Headquarters :: Smack Talk-
Jump to: